From DCBase Wiki
|Slogan||"Your Guide to the ADC World"|
|Type of site||Advanced Direct Connect News and Protocol Proposals|
|Registration||Free, email required; protocol knowledge|
|Created by||Toast, Crise, Pietry|
The ADCPortal site was the official forum for DCDev where development takes place for Advanced Direct Connect. Initially established in December 2007 by Toast and Crise  it was an independent forum for upcoming adc projects but later it was snapped up by DCDev in early 2009  to be an official forum for proposing ideas for the protocol..
The site was located at a private host but due to massive DDoS problems  during the winter of 2008 from various rouge groups on direct connect it was forced to move to Sourceforge.
ADCPortal uses a custom CMS called SnCMS (formerly known as clickcms) that is developed by Crise that uses phpBB3 as a publishing system the site also uses Mediawiki for the wiki content the wiki  is used to publish and document ideas about the protocol it acts as a mirror to the specs posted at the ADC website. In addition to all of this the site also offers nightly builds since 2009 for users, a resource that have proved useful for developers when hunting bugs with each rev compiling and being added to the site , as an added bonus the ADCPortal Twitter account has a self updating publishing system for news that pumps out information from various ADC Projects around the net so that the users following the account gets fast updates of whats going on in the ADC World.
Due to the fact that the site is hosted at Sourceforge comes at a cost the cost is that mailing system doesn't work thus no mass mail can be sent nor watch topic mails this is a limitation of Sourceforge not of ADCPortal itself since Sourceforge doesn't allow outside traffic from their site.
The Wiki has a tendency to become slow or unresponsive if editing since there is a memory limitation of php at Sourceforge.
- ↑ Toast (Sep 2010). "Collective history of ADCPortal". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=668. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- ↑ Piety (Aug 2009). "ADCPortal the frontpage for Advanced Direct Connect". DCDev. https://dcpp.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/adcportal-the-frontpage-for-advanced-direct-connect/. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- ↑ Toast (Aug 2009). "ADCPortal now apart of ADC Project". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=552. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- ↑ Toast (Dec 2010). "Propose your ideas". DCDev. http://dcpp.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/propose_your_ideas/. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- ↑ Toast (Dec 2008). "Ghost of Christmas past". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=394. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- ↑ Crise (Nov 2008). "About the site...". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=393. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- ↑ Toast (Oct 2008). "ADCPortal Wiki". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=336. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- ↑ Toast (May 2010). "Nightly Builds for Direct Connect Apps". ADCPortal. http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=651. Retrieved 2010-05-11.